Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 5

So I am not thinking these posts are exciting but they are providing me a place to put my thoughts about this process so I figure it is very worth doing, so I can look back and see where I was at, and how I am going to get further! Today was a great day, I was encouraging my husband who was telling me that he was having some cravings and all of a sudden I had an epiphany! I said, listen food isn't suppose to be fun, it is suppose to be fuel. Yes, it can taste good, yes you may even want to have it again, but it is not meant to rule our existence, or be the source of entertainment.

I was at bible study tonight I went early even though I knew there would be food, but I didn't miss it, not even one little bit. I had eaten before I got there and I wasn't at all tempted. What exactly for all the years was I tempted by? Chewing? For me it was about seeing my friends. I had a great time and didn't feel like I missed out on anything! I am so glad I am on this journey! Thank you all for your tips and advice, keep it coming! I LOVE IT!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well! Awesome! And I'm sure you've heard this tip from others, but here goes anyway: one thing I did if I knew I was going to a place where I might be tempted, was to bring a little baggie of celery and carrots- so that if I did have an urge to nibble, I had no excuse for a bad choice. (and I didn't always need them, but they were there if I did.)
    However it sounds to me like you don't even need this info! You are so focused, it's great! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thank you RITA!!! I love your tips! I NEED THEM LOL!

    ReplyDelete